Our Hours Mon-Fri: 7:30am-8pm | Sat: 8am-2pm
COVID19 Protocols at Longwood Veterinary Center
This has been a challenging year for everyone. Small businesses everywhere have taken serious consideration into how to best continue providing a service yet keep customers and staff members healthy. At Longwood Veterinary Center we have successfully implemented curbside check in protocols in order to continue seeing patients while keeping everyone safe.
What to expect when you schedule an appointment:
- At this time we are seeing all routine cases as well as emergency cases at our hospital.
- House call visits are on an extremely limited basis.
- Certain conditions are perfect for virtual visits and we are scheduling these when appropriate.
- When you call to schedule an appointment our nurses will remind you of the following new procedures.
- You will need a cell phone for your appointment.
- Please call 610-388-3388 when you arrive at LVC.
- All parking spaces are marked with a number. You will tell the nurse the space number you are parked at.
- A nurse will ask a detailed history regarding the reason your pet is visiting us. Please provide as much information as you can.
- As an alternative to a phone history, we will email a history form prior to your arrival. You may fill this out and email back to us if you prefer.
- Wait in the car until a nurse meets you outside.
- Please wear a mask when you greet the nurse in the parking lot
- Your nurse will take your pet into the hospital for you.
- Please have your dog leashed or cat confined to a carrier in preparation for transferring to the nurse.
- We ask you please wait in your car during the office visit.
- Your veterinarian will contact you either by phone call or Facetime/Zoom during the appointment.
- Your pet will be brought back to you after the appointment by a nurse. They will explain any medications or applicable forms.
- Payment may be made over the phone via credit card. Cash and checks are still accepted.
- Please wear a mask any time you are interacting with one of our staff members.
- Picking up medications or food
- Prior to arrival, call ahead to pay for food or medications over the phone.
- After payment, food and medications will be placed in the vestibule at the front entrance of the hospital for pickup.
- Please wear a mask to enter the vestibule.
- Please use hand sanitizer prior to touching any surfaces or door in the vestibule.
- Your food or medication will be labelled with your name and pet’s name for easy identification.
- Please do not enter the main hospital, only the vestibule, during food and medication pick up.
- If you need help carrying bags of food, our nurses are still available to help you load your car. You must wear a mask if a nurse is helping you load your car.
- Drop off appointments
- If you are unable to wait in your car during your pet’s appointment, drop off appointments are easily accommodated.
- Your pet can wait in the comfort of our hospital until the doctor becomes available to examine your pet.
- You will receive a call to discuss the doctor’s findings.
- You may pick up your pet when you are available later in the day.
- The same curbside protocols apply to drop off appointments.
- Euthanasia is an extremely difficult process even in the best of situations.
- For that reason, we will allow owners to be present for the euthanasia of their pet.
- Please call the front desk upon your arrival.
- A nurse will meet you in the parking lot. Please wear a mask.
- You and your pet will be escorted to the side entrance of the building to the euthanasia room.
- You will talk with the doctor from a 6’ social distance wearing a mask and gloves. The doctor will be wearing full personal protective equipment.
- All efforts will be made to maintain 6’ social distance during the procedure.
If you have any questions or concerns about our current COVID-19 protocols, please give us a call. We thank you for your patience and support during this time. We are all in this together.